Sunday, 8 October 2017

What A Treat!

What a treat the weather was today! Gorgeous sunshine, really warm too, a sort of bonus as it has been feeling so autumnal recently.

Today I finally got the allotment after weeks of being away at weekends or decorating the house or it raining. It needs some serious work, but I knuckled down and got some hard graft done. The weather was so warm I was wearing just a T-Shirt.....I mean not just a top, I had trousers on too but I'm a cold soul and rarely venture out in short sleeves!

The walk home was so incredibly beautiful I walked at snails pace to suck in every bit of beauty and warmth I could. It was like the summer was giving us the last ounces of her best before Autumn and Winter take hold.

I couldn't stop snapping photos of my beautiful walk home, hope you enjoy them.

Harvested Corn Flower Seeds. I will want them in my new garden:)







Xx

7 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos on a beautiful day. And, I read about your new decor and it looks so beautiful and warm. I wish you all the best on your upcoming move. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. We just need to finish decorating and find a buyer!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful pictures and a lovely walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post to read and great pictures. I'm quiet new to your blog and am really enjoying it.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Jacquie, glad you're enjoying it :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures! And here we are the end of October and we've had another beautiful Sunday here in Bedfordshire! The dahlias are still in full swing and I'm hoping that the frosts will stay away for a while longer, as I have lots of dahlia and cosmos buds still yet to open. Let's hope it'll be a sunny November :)

    ReplyDelete