Monday, 7 August 2017

Mondays Are My 'Doing' Day

Unlike a lot of people, I actually like Mondays. Mostly because I only work until 2pm, then I get to spend the rest of the day doing all sorts of jobs. I like this because it means that when we go re-enacting at the weekends or visit friends I haven't got  a mad dash on Sunday night to get everything done, I know I have Monday afternoon to catch up. Sometimes I go to the allotment, sometimes I spend it at home. Today, it was the latter.

When I got home I sorted the allotment produce I had picked the day before, cutting runner beans and making an early start on dinner by grating beetroot and prepping spring onions and herbs.

I had washing to fold and ironing to do. I made Dh a GF quorn and mushroom pie using the buckwheat flour I got from Approved Food. I served it with vegetables including beetroot, spring onion and peas from our allotment. I also used my own fresh herbs.

Once Dh had gone to meet friends I did some of my Welsh studies. I have just been doing some crochet. I am still working on my crocheted cushion cover and am watching  David Starkeys Monachy, which I aways enjoy.

It's not going to win any awards but it was made with love and actually tasted really good :)

4 comments:

  1. Homemade is always the best ,your pie sounds delish.
    Have a good week.
    Tara uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say that anything home made is a thousand times better than "boughten". That pie looks really good.

    ReplyDelete