Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Making The Best Of A Frustrating Situation

On Monday DH had to go to Cardiff for the day. He dropped the car off to me as he was getting the train, came in to work, gave me some fruit (he's lovely like that :) ), then went off to get the train. 

He got off the train at Cardiff, put his hand in his pocket to get his wallet out, and pulled out the car keys!

He had come into my work, given me some fruit but not the car keys so I could get home! I'm as bad, I didn't remember either :/  So I finished work at 2pm and had 4 hours to kill. What to do.....

I didn't want to hang around at work so I hit the road! Unfortunately the weather wasn't great, it's been raining here on and off all week. But I walked in to town and did a little jaunt for about half an hour then I went to the library. I passed a very enjoyable hour looking at all the books, noting some i might want to get out in the future, then I selected one and withdrew it.

Whilst I didn't want to spend a lot of money, with the rain now very heavy I took sanctuary in a coffee shop and spent an hour with a coffee and reading in a warm armchair. I also enjoyed watching people scurrying past with their umbrellas up. I love people watching.

With the rain having eased I then went for another walk followed by a trip to the supermarket to look for yellow ticket bargains. I wandered round to the cinema to see how long Dunkirk was going to be showing for, then walked to the station to wait for dh.

It wasn't an ideal afternoon, I had plans to do washing, cleaning and ideally the allotment if the weather had been fine. But actually it was nice to do not a lot, no pressure to rush back or do anything. It would have been nicer if the weather was better and I could have gone for a longer walk, but never mind.

Dh got back full of apologies, but no apology was necessary. He was doing important planning for our future and my afternoon was just fine :)

Yes, I did have a little slurp or two before I remebered to take the photo!
The book I got out the library. 

6 comments:

  1. Hello, you made the best of the situation and as you said you didn't think to say "I need the car keys" when he dropped the fruit off. It would probably be a good idea to have your own set of car keys made that way this won't happen again.

    Hmm coffee looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely way to make use of your surprise free time.
    I love to visit little cafes for a cup of tea and watch the world go by around me.
    Tara uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love that too. It's the simple things :)

      Delete
  3. I would have done exactly the same things that you did; walk, library, coffee. Sometimes when you have an unexpected amount of time to fill and you get to browse in a bookshop or library and drink coffee in a cafe, I find it can be even more enjoyable than a planned outing. Glad it worked out for you in the end despite the rain.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree, guilt-free, free time as I couldn't go anywhere! And I did do a bit of Welsh on my walk so technically free time was educatonal too ;)

      Delete