Monday, 24 July 2017

Rosemoor Vintage Show

We had a lovely time on sunday Re-enacting At Rosemoor Vintage Show in Devon. I was working on the Saturday so we only went down on the Sunday.

We got up early, about 5am, and I made us both a coffee and some breakfast. We'd packed the car the night before so there wasn't too much to get ready except ourselves. By 6:30am we were ready to go and we had a good run down arriving by about 8:15am. There wasn't too many of us there but it was lovely to catch up with friends and myself and T had a Cob House to display in which was a treat. In the cob house we had my ARP post and a Medic post. We had a lovely day chatting to the public and it was very busy. One elderly gentleman told me about his evacuation and how he kept in contact with the maid who cared for him at that time after the war right through to the present day, she is now 100 years old and he last visited her a couple of weeks ago. He also spoke fondly of his second posting to an elderly couple who were asked to take 2 evacuees into their small house and instead offered to take 6, caring for them lovingly with no running water or electricity. He told me they had to get fresh water from a pump at the end of the street!

The weather was perfect and the garden setting idyllic. We had a lovely day. We were a bit late leaving and then got stuck behind several slow moving vehicles, we got to the lock-up to put out kit back literally about 9 minutes before the gates shut, we had to throw everything in and got out with about two minutes to spare. 

Needless to say we slept very well last night after our lovely day :)

My A.R.P post
My tea station set at the back of my Post :)
The Cob House 
The Nurses Station 


2 comments: