Sunday, 12 March 2017

Our Weekend

We've had a hectic week. Our car died and we decided not to fix it as it had an undiagnosed problem and as it was so old it wasn't worth the money to start  'trying' parts to see if it could start up again so we sold it for scrap. However, as we were due to go to my parents at the weekend we needed a new one pronto. As we're off to oz to visit my sister soon our funds are seriously depleted. But Dh saved the day by finding a local second hand car for a reasonable price that will tie us over for a bit so we made it to my parents on Saturday. 

To save money, and because it's nicer if I have the time, I handmade my mums birthday and mothers day cards from scrap card, lentils, linseeds and sunflower seeds. The birthday one especially I was pretty pleased with! 

Last night we went to see the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra perform a night called Heroes and Legends which played alsorts of fantastic film music with the highlights for me being Harry Potter (outstanding live performance), magnificant 7, Raiders of the lost arc and a brilliant piece called summon the heroes, which was a piece written by John Williams for the 1996 Olympics. It was very moving music.

My Dad and Dh are currently in the garage finishing the table top to my desk for my re-enacting awning. My Dad is going to make it foldable so it is easy to fit in the car. They have also donated an old lamp to us we can put in the lounge as the other one burnt out and had to be retired.

We were hoping to waterproof our tent this weekend but alas it is raining (again) so we will have to leave it at the moment.

My Mum showed me some photos of my Grandpa during the war which I will share with you in another post.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.


  1. The workforce working hard. I made the tea!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your husband could find a used car that fit the bill. We haven't purchased a new car in over 20 years. We save money and when we need a replacement car we shop for the best used car we can find for the money. So many people here in the US trade cars every three or four years, we can get a reasonably new car for much less than buying one new from a dealer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a bit of a lottery with used cars i think. We seem to have pretty bad luck with cars on the whole. Hopefully that will change now!

    ReplyDelete