Monday, 6 March 2017

I'm Having A Mid-Life Crises

Hello, at the grand old age of 33 I am having a wobble. Over the last few weeks I have been very busy. An elderly friend of mine's cat was extremely ill and I ended up going over every day for about 7 weeks to medicate him, usually followed by a cup of tea and a chat, as well as lots of stuff going on at weekends, my Cinnamon Trust dog walking, work has been mad and a bit stressful (moral seems quite low), Dh has had a difficult time at work too and, to be honest, everything has got a bit ...well....I felt a bit wrung out. Life feels a bit stagnant. The weather doesn't help I think.

I suffer from anxiety and have done for about 15 years and at the moment it is the passage of time that troubles me. Is this normal? Life seems so fleeting and I don't really feel like I'm doing very much. You never know what's round the corner.
Dh and I had a heart to heart at the weekend as I was very upset and I feel I need to make some changes and although it's only the third day I am feeling much more positive already.

 At the weekend apart from working I read books I got from the library, we watched Wartime Farm together while dh did some of his wargaming hobby, I finished crocheting a snood for my sister and we cooked a lot from scratch. We discussed money and the sort of work/life/money balance we want. I made a terracotta pot heater and at the moment I am making carrot and sunflower crackers. Tonight I am watching Life Below Zero, another of my favourite programmes

Things are starting to feel a bit more of how I think life should be feeling, although it's only early days. I am going to blog more and be more open about my life. I look forward to you joining me.

Sunflower and carrot crackers

3 comments:

  1. First, it's so good to read your blog. Those crackers you made look so yummy! Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit bad. I too have anxiety and sometimes it's worse than other times. But, I always get things accomplished before time (why I worry about it, I don't know)! You are so, so young and from reading your blog these past few months, it seems that you have accomplished a lot in this short amount of time. Times are so different now than when I was younger and people want instant gratification. But, it's really the bigger picture that is going to count. Please don't let this get you down. Hang in there and I'm sure you will continue to do great. My best to you dear friend, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Pat. You're reply made my day :D xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my, into every life from time to time comes the wobbles. Pat said it all so well, I will just say the crackers look yum and I'm looking forward to seeing more blog posts : )

    ReplyDelete