Monday, 18 July 2016

A Welsh Holiday And Homemade Ice Cream

I had a lovely time off work- 10 days! We had a couple of days in Powys, Wales. I LOVE Wales! Any Welsh readers out there? I'm still learning Welsh although I dont know if I'll have the confidence to speak it in Wales, I'm too shy!

We stayed in a 1950's showmans Wagon. Inside was completely decked out a la 1950s with proper furniture, a cream tea with proper china all set up on our arrival and the comfyest bed. Ours was the only cabin around set in a 200 acre organic farm and we were free to walk around the woods, farmland as well as explore the river, hides and tree top hides. It was beautiful. The cabin had no tv, no phone signal, no wifi- perfect! We read a lot, I read my books on the 30's and 40's, and walked in the Elan Valley, played cards and slept and nothing else. We loved the solitude and will definately go back. The hosts were so friendly.

I have also been harvesting pounds and pounds of blackcurrants from my allotment and freezing them. My favourite thing at the moment is blackcurrant ice cream. All this is is frozen blsckcurrants blended with a small amount of frozen banana. I like mine very sharp so I only use a little banana for sweetness.

We have a very special trip coming up I am really excited about. Will take lots of photos. Stay tuned :) x

Our beautiful wagon in Powys
The view from our Wagon
Blackcurrant ice cream

6 comments:

  1. Snap! We were in Powys for a few days last week too. So lovely and quiet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful. We loved it:)

      Delete
  2. It looks and sounds wonderful Gillie glad you both had such a peaceful and relaxing time.
    Tara uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hoping to go back in the autumn :)

      Delete
  3. Hi just found your blog. I had a friend many years ago from Powys we met when we were both nursing in Carmarthen and I went home with her a couple of times to stay on her parents farm. Sadly we lost touch over the years but I loved the place. I must go back that wagon looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy. Thanks for finding my blog. We holiday in Wales a lot. It's stunning :)

      Delete