Thursday, 4 February 2016

Doing Lots Of Reading

I've been doing lots of reading recently to try and destress from all the house drama that is still going on *sigh*. Below are two new books I've got.

I went to  the opening of a friends vintage shop recently. Beautiful shop with some lovely original pieces.

I've been doing lots of walking as I'm trying to walk 1000 miles this year as a personal challenge. It's not easy getting out every day with the weather as it is but I'm past the 90 mile mark now since  1st Jan so that's pretty good I think.

The washing machine is still broken. Dh thought he'd fixed it but alas not so I'm handwashing, which I'd be happy to do long term except my work uniforms really need a machine wash but it's ok at the moment. We're looking forward to a nice weekend. Going to try and get up the allotment too. I've seen some blackcurrant seedlings cheap I'm going to pick up.

Looking forward to starting WW2 re - enactment this year too!

4 comments:

  1. OOhhh lovely, I would love to get my hands on a copy of those books.
    Enjoy them and let us know how you like them.
    Sorry about the house situation.
    Pam in TX.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I'm always on the look out for books!

      Delete
  2. HI GILLIE, HOPE YOUR HOUSE REPAIRS ARE SORTED OUT SOON .IT CAN BE QUITE STRESSFUL AT TIMES OWNING YOUR OWN HOME.WE HAVE NOTICED WE HAVE A LEAK IN THE KITCHEN ROOF AFTER ALL THE RAIN WE HAVE HAD YEY
    SENDING HAPPY VIBES TO YOU.IT WILL SOON BE SUMMER.

    TARA UK



    TARA UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no:( hope you can get it sorted soon. The weather tomorrow is supposed to be awful :/

      Delete