Saturday, 16 January 2016

Reading, Allotmenting And Watching Old Programmes

I've had a lovely day today. Dh has been out with friends with the car so I walked to the allotment this morning and did some digging. It was pretty hard work but I really wanted to get some of the beds turned before it starts raining again next week.

I walked back and had some lunch and a coffee, had a bit more of a clean and tidy up. I then did some reading. I'm enjoying Voices From The Home Front by Felicity Goodall. After getting hot with all the digging at the allotment, once i sat down I felt quite cold so I got some logs in and I've got the woodburner on. I then found  a programme on BBC I-PLayer broadcast in 1956 about young women moving to London in search of a better life and what their options are and what happens to some of them. They interviewed  a lot of young women, landladies of hostels, employers etc. It seems to be an informative documentary for worried parents and I found it very interesting.

For tea I had poached eggs on toast and an Orange. Tomorrow I'm back to the allotment for more digging as well as a walk, I'm sorting charity bits for Dh to drop off and dh and I will hopefully get some walking in. The drain-man bill came today, £82 so I've sent a cheque off for that too.

In bed tonight I'll carry on reading  a fictional book I bought written in 1947 called Golden Pavements. It's about  a group of young adults going off to drama school and what happens to them. I think it may have been written for children but never mind, I'm enjoying it very much, it has a lovely gentle story and is perfect for bedtime :)




I dug ovrr three beds. Same again tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Gillie, you had a very productive day :0) blessings to you, mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI GILLIE DOING ALL THAT DIGGING I BET YOU MUST BE ACHING ABIT TODAY.ITS GOOD TO GET THE JOB DONE THOUGH.
    HAVE A GOOD WEEK

    TARA UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not as bad as i thought I'd be! Can't do any more today as so wet ground will be a bog i think :/

      Delete
  3. You are doing well with your digging, I know what hard work that is!
    I am glad that you are feeling brighter, I felt for you. Sometimes things build up to bring us down. I have found that if you can keep smiling and busy, that lifts the mood.
    What is the title of that programme you listen to on iPlayer? I would love to listen also. I can access it from here in the US. Not able to watch TV programmes but radio is fine.
    Pam in TX.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam. Sorry it's a 'watch programme' from the archives. I've put a link anyway

      Special Enquiry, Series 5: 1. A Girl Comes to London: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00rzwbk via @bbciplayer

      Delete