Saturday, 23 January 2016

Looking Forward To Our Day Of Rest

At the weekend Dh and I usually have one day where we get all our chores done and one day where we do something fun or just relax. Today is definately the busy day. We got up  early and went for our weekly treat/date of breakfast out. We do this every week. I had  scrambled eggs on toast with a cappuccino and dh had croque madame and a cappuccino. Then I needed to get some more allotment trousers. I quick trawl round the charity shops got me 2 pairs for £1.24 each special offer! Dh got a jumper and I picked up some  books.

Then I dropped dh off at home and I went back into town. I had already to drop some charity stuff off so I parked in a residential area and turned it into a 4 mile walk to contribute to the 1000 miles I am trying to walk this year.

Once home it was sit down and a cup of tea! I prepped late lunch/dinner of veggie stew with Organic Bacon topped with a little Mozerella and left it to cook slowly. Our washing machine appears to have  packed up. As we're still waiting for roof quotes I told Dh I am happy to wash by hand until we know where we are financially so I got a load washed that I had soaked overnight and put out to drip dry.

After lunch we relaxed a bit by playing a game of cards then I helped (a bit) dh sort out his office.

I made a new curtain tie as the lace had ripped on the old one. It is made with leftover lace from my wedding dress. It is secured with poppers.

We're relaxing now but it has been a productive day. Early night I think. Lots of reading planned for tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE HAVING A TRAWL AROUND THE CHARITY SHOPS YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT VINTAGE GOODIES YOU MAY DISCOVER
    HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND BEST WISHES TARA UK

    ReplyDelete