Sunday, 10 January 2016

A Very Long Walk!

Firstly, I'd just like to thank everyone for all their lovely comments and support yesterday. I did get the fire on in the evening and Dh and I played cards. I then had an early night reading one of my new novels written in 1947.

Today, it's been raining on and off but I really wanted to 'do' something. As we've gotten a bit behind with our walking (we're doing Ilonas 1000 mile challenge at Life After Money blog) I suggested we did a ten mile walk. Dh and i love walking but we've never done 10 miles in one go before. We decided as it's so wet and muddy to stick to mostly country roads and pavements. The first 5 were pretty easy, then it started raining which wasn't as much fun, luckily it stopped for the last 2 so we dried out  a bit. We did it!

It feels like a great achievement. This evening I have some planning to do for some games and a treasure hunt I am planning for when my nieces visit so I better get cracking!

2 comments:

  1. Well done on your 10 mile walk. That is quite a feat in my opinion. It also seems to have lifted your spirits!

    I also wanted to comment that I love the dark large print on your blog. It is clear and very easy to read.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - that's quite a walk! Well done!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete