Sunday, 12 July 2015

WW2 Historical Day

Although DH has still not been paid,  I had been looking forward to this day out for weeks and wasn't going to miss it! So I raided our holiday fund of the princely sum of £30, and we hit the road.

I packed us a picnic to save money.  I made sandwiches and biscuits from a rationing recipe,  a flask of tea and a bottle of water,  although we did stop at the WI tent for a cup of tea and slice of cake :)

There were re-enactors and living history displays.  The weather was overcast but it did stay dry.

There was also weapons displays, military vehicle displays,  classic car displays and a very loud assault weapon reenactment! 

Love this car!

We were treated to some ww2 hits,  most of which I knew and sang along to :)

It was a great day. I bought some original ww2 British newspapers for £1 each.  I will read them with a cup of tea later. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day, the car is gorgeous. Hope your husband gets paid soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a good day, I would have loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I would have loved your day out. I am glad that you had such a nice time.
    Enjoy your newspapers, I bet they make interesting reading, maybe you could do a post on them sometime.
    Sorry you husband is having to wait for his money, that seems so unfair, hope it all gets paid soon.
    Pam in Texas.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day. Have you seen this cookbook?http://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-british-army-cook-book-1914-the-war-office
    It's also available on Amazon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete