Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Catch Up Day

I feel recovered after the weekend, the bedding has been washed and I'm up to date with my ironing.

I've felt energised after work today. We're still using up the food left over from the weekend. Dh wanted a light supper as he had to go and see a client so I made him poached eggs on toast, I had beans on toast. I've put a vegetable and lentil stew on in the slow cooker overnight so we can have it for lunch tomorrow.  After Dh had gone out I did all the washing up and cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom.

I am now sitting down watching Footsteps In The Fog, a 1955 thriller set in Victorian London.  Dh is finishing work in about half an hour and has requested a cocoa, I think I shall join him :)

My Squashes are doing well.  I use coffee grounds as slug repellant. 

My broad beans seem to be coming on well.

xGx

4 comments:

  1. It's always good to get on top of things again. I made my way through a mountain of ironing yesterday and felt so much better that it was out of the way, although, I would have preferred to do some knitting. You look to have a lovely space for your vegetables. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Summerdays. I love my allotment, I go up early when it's quieter and enjoy the peacefulness. The strawberries will be ready soon!

      Delete
  2. Your plants look good and healthy. I loathe ironing.....fortunately, we don't really wear anything that needs it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind ironing as long as there's not mountains of it. I love freshly ironed pillow cases, I don't know why! It's one of those jobs I always feel pleased with myself when it's done! *puts gold star on chart* ;)

      Delete