Monday, 4 May 2015

Bank Holiday Weekend In Pictures



The weather wasn't great!

I made potato pastry (recipe to follow)

I made mince, mushroom and carrot pies with potato pastry, cabbage and gravy (also topped with leftover pie filling)

Excitement when I won a jar of marmalade at a raffle!

I made a strawberry smoothie with the leftover strawberries.  I used to drink smoothies a lot but haven't since I stopped buying bananas so this was such a treat! !

I made bread!  I made white as I find it easier than wholemeal but I added sesame seeds for extra nutrition.  It came out pretty well! 

The broad beans have enjoyed the rain anyway! 

Strawberries are soon to fruit :)

Pak Choi
 Is anyone watching the series on bbc4 called bbc4 goes slow? It's on this evening,  it's a short series watching people make things e.g glass from scratch with no commentary or music,  just quietly watching the process from start to finish.  I am finding it fascinating.  Apparently, it took inspiration from Norway who in 2009 showed a 7 hour train journey without music or editing.  I think I may have missed the 2 hour canal journey which is a shame.  I hope they do more like it though.

xGx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, even the rainy one:) Your pie look so delicious. I've never heard of potato pastry so I would love to see the recipe. Looks like you are a dab hand in the kitchen Gillie, I'm afraid the kitchen and I don't get on well together:( Although I'd be happy to give the pie you made a go! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that good in the kitchen Linda, I make most of it up as I go along!

      Delete
  2. We've been watching the slow tv, we have recorded them all and watched the art gallery one yesterday. Over the Christmas break we watched some of the Norwegian ones, the Bergen - Oslo train and the boat one. So relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might go back and watch some of them on catch up as they're right up my street :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.I'm looking forward to see the recipe for the pie. It looks so yummy! Hopefully we will get a little rain today down here in southern California. My best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't last long! were ate the rest of them cold and they were almost as good as hot :)

      Delete
  4. I like the look of all your photographs. The pies especially look really delicious. Well done on your raffle win. I would have been excited too - I never win anything. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was more excited to win the marmalade, as it's restricted on rations, than I would have been to win a bottle of wine!

      Delete