Sunday, 26 April 2015

Rationing Has Helped Me Lose Weight :)

I've never been the slimmest girl around.  I'm not very overweight but being a shorty every extra pound counts and I've always wanted to be about 20 pounds lighter than I am.  I have a nice waist which works well with my 50s dresses but I'm pear shaped and like a lot of women,  I'd love to be a few pounds lighter. 

One of the good things about rationing is that it makes me feel in control and confident about my diet and the way I'm eating.  I know what I have for the week and I know it has to last.  It's simple, unprocessed food with the odd treat. Once it's gone, it's gone and because I feel we're eating so well in the house I feel I can have a bag of chips on the prom without a guilty conscience.   

I last weighed myself at the end of march,  and when I weighed myself this morning I found I'd lost 4lbs! It's not a massive amount but I've had chips and everything!  I have PCOS which can make weight loss quite hard. I'm not going to weigh myself more regularly but I will again next month and I'll let you know how I get on. 

xGx

9 comments:

  1. Have just found your blog via another.....have read from the beginning and enjoyed it, particularly your posts about rationing. Congrats on losing the weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sooze. Glad you found my blog. I plan to do more posts on rationing as I find it so interesting :)

      Delete
  2. Me too, I just found your blog via another and love it, thank you so much.
    I am a Brit in Texas so love a taste of home.
    Pam in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi pam. So glad you're enjoying my blog. Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  3. I've just discovered your blog. Looking forward to reading more. Well done on the weight loss. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice reading post. Thank for share

    ReplyDelete