Tuesday, 28 April 2015

An Exhausting Day!!!!

Wow, I am exhausted!!!

Today has been a crazy day. I had a job interview today at 9:30am so I was up bright and early to get ready.  There are very few jobs in my profession in the local area so the job interview was 30 miles away. I set off really really early as I am always worried I might get stuck in traffic.  I arrived in the town with 30 minutes to spare now all I had to do was find the business.  . . . .  And then came the problem- I couldn't find it! Then I got stuck in the one way system and it took me in completely the wrong direction and then I got stuck in road works!  Panic ensued.  I finally managed to pull into a Co-op and ask for directions.  Lovely lady gave great directions.  I got in the car and whizzed off and made it with about 3 minutes to spare! !

I was in the job interview for about an hour and was really disappointed, the job wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be. I came out feeling flat and drove home feeling drained. 

When I got home I found out I had confirmation of another interview on Thursday which pepped me up a bit.  I put my 50s style dress with the overjacket in the wash to make sure it was fresh for Thursday.  

A couple of hours later I got a phone call from an agency. A company had asked to see me and wanted to know how soon they could meet me. I only had this afternoon or Thursday afternoon available so they asked to see me at 5:45pm today! More panic!  My interview dress and jacket was in the wash and I'd taken all my make up off, had dressed down and was half way through a wash load!  I had to leave in an hour to ensure I had plenty of time to get there as this job was also 30 miles away.

I found my other favourite dress and hurriedly got ready and wrote down my route.  This route looked much easier. Once again I got to the town,  and again I couldn't find the business!  Less panic this time as I was really early. Once I found it I realised I needed to pay to park, I looked in my purse-I had 28p! I routed around in my bag and found a pound coin thank goodness.  I paid and went to the interview.  This one was much better and they offered me the job on the spot!  I am really keen as this job will give me a much better work/life balance but I will go to the interview Thursday before I decide as the Thursday job is much closer to home.

I drove home feeling very chipper.  Dh has been away for a few days. I planned to make sure everything was clean and tidy this afternoon but the interview means I'm running really late.  I'm just doing the ironing now.  Dh's train gets in at 11:45pm so it's another 25 mile journey to get him tonight! I'm going to be ready for my bed!  

xGx

8 comments:

  1. Oh, bless you. You are bound to be exhausted. Please take care on your journey tonight. Well done on the job offer. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will. I have an audio cd out the library to keep me company :) I am watching Three Coins In The Fountain (1954) while I do the ironing which is keeping me company. I haven't seen it before. I've watched Magnificent Obsession too many times recently! ;)

      Delete
  2. That's definitely too much going backwards and forwards for one day!, drive safely and sleep well at the end of it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I'm on a late shift today so am just getting up now.

      Delete
  3. I hope one of the jobs will be perfect for you, especially the one closer to home:) Good Luck. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, they're both very different jobs. I have no idea which one I will prefer!

      Delete
  4. How lovely to have found you through Sue. I love your blog & also love old magazine's, I love the 30's & 40's & so many other era's.
    I'm adding you to my side bar so I can see your new posts.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle. Glad your enjoying my blog :) thanks for adding me to your sidebar :)

      Delete