Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Vintage Magazines

Generally, I'm more of a morning person than an evening person. I didn't used to be. When I was younger and out on the weekends I could quite happily stay out til the wee hours! But not now, I need my sleep!! At the weekends in the summer I will always go early to my allotment. I love the tranquility of being out and about in the early mornings. 

This morning I got up early. Dh works from home but he had to go and see a client at 8am so we were up early. I made breakfast and a cup of tea for us. I wasn't starting work until just after lunch today so once we'd had breakfast I cracked on with the cleaning. Although we both work and don't have any children, I do like traditional roles within our marriage. For us, it works well. I also put a jacket potato in the slow cooker for dh's lunch

Once the house was in good order I sat down for a cup of tea and some vintage reading. I love old fashioned magazines and I collect magazines dating from the 40s to early 50s. I read them from cover to cover but my favorite part has got to be the agony aunt page. The questions and answers give such a clear view of thoughts of the time. I also have lots of books about life in the 40s and 50s as well as a bit earlier that I regularly dip in and out of.

After a good sit down (for longer than I care to admit!) I started organising an early lunch for us. After lunch, I got ready and went to work. I got in about 8:30pm, made dh and I dinner, cleared up and am now having a sit down while I wait for dh to finish work. 




xGx







No comments:

Post a Comment